Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Coveting Prayers

Wow, this has been quite the hiatus. I wish I could say I've been busy enjoying myself, but that wouldn't be quite true. I feel very full right now, of lots of relatively unimportant (and equally uninteresting) facts and theories of the legal variety. It's a weird feeling; I never would have thought it possible to *know* so much at once. It feels a bit precarious actually; almost as though if I tripped and fell some of this stuff would spill out and ooze away.

But enough about the studying malady. I wanted to thank those of you who have so sweetly told us that you are praying for us, or dropped us a line to cheer us up, or spoken words of encouragement and confidence. You really have all been dears.

We leave early Sunday morning and will return the following Sunday (July 31st). The exam is the 26th, 27th and 28th. I thought I'd take a few minutes and post a few specific prayer requests relating to our trip down to Calif. and the exam.

1) (Obviously!) That we both pass. *grin*
2) Safe travel to Sacramento and back (we're driving).
3) The ability to sleep well for the nights leading up to and during the exam.
4) Health -- colds, headaches, etc. can really put a damper on our performance, we've learned.
5) Stamina -- three days is a long time. :)
6) That we wouldn't get nervous.
7) That we won't get discouraged or give up while on the test.
8) Oh yeah, and that we both pass. ;)

So there you have it. . . Blogging world, I am signing out until post-Bar exam (assuming I live that long -- just kidding! *grin*). Love to you all. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahem.

I know it's over. Are you guys *still* asleep???

Love you, and we've been praying on this end. Hope to hear an update soon!

lachen said...

Prayers have been covering you both from as far as Maui, whose shores I am currently enjoying (I know, hush up already...)

But... as it is the 2nd of August... was hoping to hear from you. Update? Are you intact and well and how was the TEST?

Blessings...