You know, I have to laugh at the liberals. This morning I heard on the radio that some democrats are actually undergoing treatment for "post-election depression syndrome." It's true!--see this article from CNN.com.
"The good news, mental health experts say, is that most Kerry supporters will get over their disappointment on their own."
Oh, whew, thank goodness. For a minute I was concerned the entire population of New England would never recover from this horrific malady.
Identifying depression as a true sickness is one thing, but election-induced depression? Come on, guys! My mama called it "pouting" and she knew how to cure it (and no, it wasn't by taking me to see a shrink).
Thank goodness someone retains some sanity. According to CBS MarketWatch, the mental-health insurance industry has refused to recognize post-election depression as a bona fide compensable condition. (Of course, they're the bad guys--they're insurance companies.)
Another glowingly sane person is Noel Sheppard, writing for OpinionEditorials.com on this topic on November 8, 2004. You can check out his editorial here.
Of course maybe I shouldn't criticize these poor depressed democrats. After all, this could work to our advantage, right? I think I want medical treatment and sick leave for post-weekend depression. And I want it for post-Christmas depression and post-vacation depression too. And post - I - went - to - the - mall - and - they - were - all - sold - out - of - the - shoes - I - wanted - depression. That's a really severe one; I can't function for days after that happens. . .
*wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey my favoritest big sissy...I'm posting this as anonymous, but you'll probably know who I am right away...(childish grin.) Anyways, you told me to say somethin back to ya about what you wrote so I figured I'd attempt something. :) Geez, I have permission to bug the big sissy, this is kind of a hard one to swallow...anyways, the only comment I wanted to throw in was when I read that, I was spelling it 'democracks' in my head. Which fits pretty good, I think, but sorry I can't think of much more entertaining than that...
Post a Comment