Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (and some news)

Are you wearing green today? I am! I'm so excited -- I never used to own anything green until I bought this sweater just before Christmas. . . so now I am finally wearing green for St. Patrick's Day and can avoid all danger of being pinched. *grin*

Now for the news. If you can believe it, we really and truly are finally moving to California -- on the 25th of March. Yes, I know that is next Saturday. :) Yes, that is fast.

On Monday I was offered a job with a small firm in Sacramento. I start March 27th.

Happily, the packing is coming along beautifully (well okay, not beautifully -- the house looks like a tornado hit it) and we are pretty sure we have our living arrangements all figured out. I can honestly say I haven't felt an ounce of stress or anxiety about the move -- and that's saying a lot for me! Hopefully that peaceful feeling stays with me through the very hectic week ahead. :)

4 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations! Hope you have a smooth transition to the new place. Maybe we'll get to see you next time we make it out to CA. :-)

Kevin said...

Funny how things have come full circle. You'll now be my coworker again.

Amy K said...

Hope your first day at work went well! Hopefully we can do dinner sometime soon. Our lives have been hectic lately too. I want to hear about your move, where exactly you're living, etc. :)

Nica said...

Congrats! SO excited and happy for y'all. Let us know when you want to come down and see Yosemite, and y'all can drop in and see us!